Blog post

Our featured Post
Otay Tijuana Airport Bridge: The Cross Border Xpress (CBX)
Posted by:carlosyts, September - 16 - 2019

If you’ve heard about the Otay Tijuana airport bridge that connects you directly to San Diego, you may have many questions about it. That bridge is the Cross Border Xpress (CBX) and here we’ll talk about it and how it works in general.

The San Diego-Tijuana connection

The Cross Border Xpress (CBX) started working in 2015 with the intention of connecting one of the most visited borders around the world: the shared border of San Diego and Tijuana. Of course, there were already two ports of entry that connected these cities, but there’s a difference between them and the CBX.

The express bridge is at the Tijuana International Airport; arrivals from any other city or country can cross directly to San Diego by paying the set fee and presenting the appropriate documents.


otay-tijuana-airport-bridge-the-cross-border-xpress-cbxIf you want to use the CBX, you’ll need to buy a ticket. The single one way ticket costs $16 USD, while the single round trip costs $30 USD; there’s also a family ticket that costs $44 USD (one way) and $105 USD (round trip) for 4 members. You can also add more members and check the price on the website.

Required documents for the CBX
First of all, it’s important to mention that the CBX’s flow works both ways: from Tijuana to San Diego and vice versa. Whether you’re going North or South, you’ll need to show the required documents. Here’s a list of the requirements:

From the US to Mexico

  • Required documents for Mexicans:
  • Mexican passport, INE (IFE) credential, birth certificate, consular card or Mexican birth certificate.
  • Boarding pass (for your flight in Mexico)
  • CBX ticket

Required documents for foreigners:

  • Passport
  • FMM Form (Forma Migratoria Múltiple)
  • Payment of migratory rights (if required)
  • Boarding pass (for your flight in Mexico)
  • CBX ticket

From Mexico to the US

Required documents for American citizens (United States of America nationals):

  • Passport (book or card)
  • Boarding pass (for your flight in the US)
  • CBX ticket

Required documents for foreigners:

  • Passport
  • Visa
  • I-94 permit (If required)
  • Boarding pass
  • CBX Ticket

Remember that this is only an article to share the information with you, but it’s not CBX’s official website. For more information, visit their site. If you need a ride from the CBX to your home or office contact us today, so we can schedule your trip. In YTS Transport we always available so that our users can meet their needs of cross border transportation between Mexico and the US.


Leave your comment Submit your comments now